You can download my resume here.
Here are some highlights:
- Designed courses for the Algonquin College online Technical Writing program, working with a team of professional technical communicators. Responsible for three courses, and shared responsibility for overall program and content quality with the team.
- Redesigned the Virtual Assistant program (Algonquin College, online) to ensure quality learning and student satisfaction. Facilitated this program for one year.
- Initiated a new video series of “Computer Tips & Tricks” at NJI. Developed material in both official languages, and launched it in September 2015.
- Wrote and produced a successful documentary for CBC Radio. This involved research, writing, interviewing, recording, editing, and production. The final product was broadcast in September 2011.
- Developed several podcast series (arts-based) for websites such as the Ottawa Citizen and Rabble.ca.
- Consulting on many small projects for different clients. Currently balancing several part-time contracts: working as a Client Project Manager at ShoutEx, Publications Manager at Zavango, and as an Instructional Designer and Course Facilitator at Algonquin College.
- Led redevelopment of the corporate website (public and private) at the National Judicial Institute (NJI). Engaged external consultants and maintained excellent client relationships. Controlled budget, contracts, and all communication between all stakeholders. Delivered project on time and under budget.
- Initiated, planned and delivered a large Information Management project at NJI. Performed thorough business analysis to understand pain points, to set goals and determine success factors. Led large cross-functional team to deliver a customized SharePoint solution.
- Conducted formal performance management, including performance improvement plans. This resulted in a more efficient and engaged team, with clear performance indicators and behavioral expectations.
- Coached on new publishing tools and technologies, leading to innovative publishing approaches and new products.
- Created a new system of developing documentation for the Computer Training Program at NJI. By introducing new technology and processes to the team, I decreased delivery time for personalized learning materials, reducing the time spent from days to minutes.
- Implemented new and highly efficient tools and processes for the publication of many documents at NJI, including Electronic Bench Books and electronic newsletters (e-Letters). Reduced production time by 75%.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), 2016, ScrumAlliance
- Project Management Professional (PMP), 2015, Project Management Institute
- Agile Development and Project Management, 2015, International Institute for Learning
- Certificate in Information Management, 2013, University of Toronto
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), 2007, Algonquin College
- Bachelor of Arts English: Rhetoric and Professional Writing, 1995, University of Waterloo